The shishalh Nation, led by Tsain-Ko Development Corporation, have worked tirelessly over the past few years together with BC Housing and local partners to develop the funding, vision and plans for this critical housing project, named Our House of Clans. With the project now underway, we will keep this site updated with a Frequently Asked Questions document including a dedicated contact link for community members. Please let us know about any questions or concerns you have by email to email@example.com or 604.885.3504.
Click here to read the Ground Breaking Press Release from December 10, 2020.
Click here to read the Our House of Clans FAQ Document.
Click here to read the Covid-19 Site Protocols and Exposure Control Document.
Click here read the Press Release from September 8, 2020.
Once complete, the building will consist of the following:
- 34 affordable housing units, ranging from studios to 3-bedroom family units, to help meet the highest priority needs for the Nation
- The “Carving Tears Into Dreams of Reconciliation” totem pole and gathering plaza
- A large multipurpose room with a community kitchen
- Four amenity areas including a fitness room and entertainment spaces
- Office space for Nation staff and community events
- 7,500 square feet of retail space on the ground floor
- Underground parking and storage