While still in the early stages of development, this project was recently awarded a sizable grant from BC Housing, through the BC Indigenous Housing Fund. Development of the project will continue through 2019 as our team works closely with BC Housing to finalize details and get ready for construction.
Once complete, the building will consist of the following:
- 34 affordable housing units, ranging from studios to 3-bedroom family units, to help meet the highest priority needs for the Nation
- A large multipurpose room with a community kitchen
- Four amenity areas including a fitness room and entertainment spaces
- Office space for Nation staff
- 9,000 square feet of retail space on the ground floor
- Underground parking and storage